We deliver key projects from inception to completion.
VAN ZYL & ASSOCIATES was established with the aim to service the private and public sector by providing key expertise in the challenging Construction Industry of South Africa. We are a team of construction and legal professionals providing Project Management services to firms in the Built Environment sector.
We offer this service with the knowledge we have gained through our key personnel over the past 20 years in multi-disciplinary engineering projects ranging from civil and building engineering, structural, water and sanitation and railway engineering.
Our team provides Project Management, Employer’s Agent, Principal Agent and Contract Administration services in relation to new build, refurbishment, design & build and turnkey projects advising our Clients from inception, professional team selection, project planning, through to design, procurement and project delivery. Our aim is to always add value, manage proactively and to manage and mitigate project risk by working with other consultants to provide a comprehensive “one point of responsibility” capability.
Our objective is always to be Proficient, Professional & Pragmatic and to deliver projects that meets with the Client’s expectations with regards to cost, quality, time, safety and performance within the built environment. Collaborative professional working relations with other professionals within the built environment ensures that we are always part of the solution to successfully execute projects.
What makes VAN ZYL & ASSOCIATES different is that our Project Managers are not only professionally registered Engineers and Project Managers, but that they are also supported by an in-house legal team of experienced legal professionals who hold LLB degrees and specializing in the construction law environment.
Our Clients therefore enjoy the benefits of a combined Project Management and Legal support service, which in turn provides our Clients the additional protection required when contracting with Contractors under the different forms of construction contracts, especially when contractual disputes may arise.
We have identified the need, as part of this solution package, to offer the following in order to assist our clients in applying value engineering in the construction industry:
- Feasibility, estimation and quantity surveying services for construction projects
- Compilation of construction tenders, procurement and contract documentation
- Project programming and critical path analysis and approval
- Project cash flow compilation and management
- Monthly and weekly technical meetings and project monitoring services
- Monthly payment measurement and certification
- Overall construction monitoring and ensuring delivery on specifications
- Construction claims evaluations
- Overall quality assurance and management
- Practical Completion, Completion, Final Approval and Project Hand-over to the Client